Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Pace Arrow quits running after hitting even a slight bump on

Customer Question

Pace Arrow quits running after hitting even a slight bump on the road
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

IF this happens after hitting a bump it really sounds like a loose or corroded connection. Have seen this type of issues many times. I would focus on the battery cables to start, make sure the cables are clean and tight. Check the main ground to the frame as well make sure it is also clean and tight to the frame, follow the cables from the battery to the alternator, make sure the cables are not rubbing on the frame, or a screw has caught a cable, have seen where you hit a bump and rubs on a screw and then it will cause issues. Next go to the main fuse box, follow the battery cable to it check the main connection in the fuse box and then check the harness leaving the fuse box to the dash, make sure everything is tight and clean. Sometimes they will use a male and female plug on the 12 volt wiring on the dash harness, if you see any of them I would take them apart and make sure the pins are clean and not loose. Pretty sure when you hit a bump it causing the issue...... Hope this helps some. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of page.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert