RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Dometic RV refrigerator While on 110v is freezing a water…

my Dometic RV refrigerator While...
my Dometic RV refrigerator While on 110v is freezing a water bottle in the freezer compartment but the refrigerator art is reading 50 degrees F set on #7. It works great on propane only setting on #3. Any idea how to fix?
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/10/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert.....

What is the model number of the Dometic??? Should be a sticker inside the door, most Dometics start with a RM and number.....

Robert

RM 2453

OK

The key is it is cooling on LP if it is not cooling as well on AC power it could be the AC heating element, it can be checked with a volt meter and ohming it out. I am going to give you a service manual that will show you how to check that element, if the element is not at fault see the troubleshooting for not cooling on electric and follow the checks the best you can, I would start with the AC element. Click HERE for a service manual... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, It is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic