RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My backup camera image has become very dark. I cleaned the…

Customer Question
My backup camera image has...
My backup camera image has become very dark. I cleaned the glass on the camera and monitor. I turned and contrast to various settings to no avail.
Any ideas?
It is on a 2004 Winnebago Vectors 40AD.
It is the original equipment.
We have it on while towing.
It use to be better. Is there an internal glass that may need cleaning?
Thanks a bunch for your help.
Etic
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
8/6/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

This could be the monitor or camera. What I might do is unplug the camera and see if the picture changes at all, if the picture gets lighter then you know the camera most likely is at fault, check the cable as well sometimes where the connect the camera in the rear they will bundle up an extra cabling and if it is pinched off or bent it can cause issues. I would also check the connector on the monitor.

One place that also may have some input for your particular model is RV cams. They have been helping owners for many years and are the best in the business. I might get the make and model of the monitor and give them a call and they might be aware of any known issues or have some more input on this..... Also they should be able to get you any parts if needed, highly recommend them, click HERE for the contact info... Hope this helps some... Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert