RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We have a 2008 38P Pacearrow motorhome and we can't find the

Customer Question
power converter. We'd appreciate...
We have a 2008 38P Pacearrow motorhome and we can't find the power converter. We'd appreciate your help Please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
7/30/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

The power converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet, many times the stand alone style will be close to the breaker panel, could be under the fridge, stove or even in back of the breaker panel, you should see a large cable coming from the converter to the interior fuse panel, try and follow that if possible. IF you have looked in the areas I mentioned please let me know..... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We've looked in all but behind the frig. Where else would we look?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You haven't helped us one bit. I have a motor home technician and mechanic here now with 25 years of experience. Very Poor on your part Robert. Please respond

Under the bed, and near that breaker panel, normally it would be under the fridge not in the back of it, let me check my history and see if I have run into this before with that particular model.

I will put your question back up for other experts, I have worked on thousands of RVS and can not remember exact location for each year and model, a good RV tech onsite should be able to find it..... maybe another expert can help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a fuse box with breakers but not a converter back there. We will stand by for another's suggestions

I just checked my history and there was one model that year that it was underneath the washer/dryer in the bathroom, there is an access panel, accessed through the vent panel in the hallway near the bathroom door

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The second furnace is underneath that area, but nothing else we can visably see

OK

Think I got it, sorry I have to check all my questions and it takes, time... 38P top of the inside bedroom cabinet. IF it is not there then I will put your question back up for others.... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Only tv cables going to that area

OK

Sorry, maybe another expert will know, they put these in some strange spots and it changes each year and floor plan. I will put your question back up for others... Robert

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

What is the make and model of our load center? And are you sure that this doesn't have an inverter/charger instead of a converter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A smart energy management system by entelletec. Model 900 doesn't say anything about an inverter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All the box is back there is a breaker box

That doesn't include the charging system. If you do have a stand alone converter and NOT an inverter/charger then it should be located behind that or near that load center where all the service breakers are. Most inverters are located near the batteries.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But we DO NOT have an inverter, so if it should be located back there where else would it be.

According to the brochure for a 2008 38P it does have a converter. If you don't see it in one of the Service Bays, then I would contact Fleetwood Customer Service and give them the FIN number and have them send you a complete set of wiring diagrams. I agree with Robert on this..........no way we can recall all the thousands of year, make and models. Sorry I wasn't able to assist here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wiring diaigrams wouldn't tell us where the converter is. Thanks and sorry you couldn't help with this one.

Just curious.........where did it turn out to be?

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification