Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Help! My 2002 Fleetwood Prowler (27') is putting out HOT

Customer Question

Help! My 2002 Fleetwood Prowler (27') is putting out HOT water when my COLD water handle is turned on in my kitchen faucet. Now and then I get HOT water from the cold side in my bathroom faucet. I checked everything I could see/do to see if something was broke or left on. Can you tell me what is causing this?? Thank you
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Has anyone been working on the plumbing or water heater lately?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing was done
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is this the first time you have used it since it was winterized? IF so, the bypass valve(s) may be in the wrong position OR check the outside shower (if you have one) and be sure those knobs are off. Sometimes if they are left on the cold gets sucked over to the hot side and vice versa. Let me know what you find and if that resolves this. It almost has to be one of those two things. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in this thing year round and rarely use the outside shower (dog wash) and have tightened the knobs quite well. My neighbor has a big RV and has looked around for problems and he's stumped!!! Maybe, he said, I need new faucet? Something about possible "mixer" wonky? This happened out of the blue after years of no problems. Oh, the hot water happens off n on not all the time.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If this is a single lever facucet, that might be true based on what you told me just now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 knobs with 1 spout
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both sinks have 2 knobs for Hot n Cold w/1 spout
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Then I am back to the first two things I mentioned. Winterizing valve or outside shower. No way to get that on a two knob faucet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please tell me where this winterizing valve is. I haven't used the outside shower in 4 weeks n handyman tightened knobs REAL tight yesterday and still HOT water. How about this...my paper towel stand base bumped 1 of the Hot Water Tank switches (2 push-type buttons) under the gauge for gray, Blk, batt. Etc..I pushed it back to "Off" and that's when I started getting Hot water in Cold side. Thoughts???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I un screwed front face plate and saw 2 wires very secured behind the plate w/ no way to dis-connect
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

What is the make and model of your water heater? The data tag is on the outside and can be seen when you open up the panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Atwood GC6AA-9E
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That will have two switches.........one for LP mode and one for AC mode and the ignition lockout light is in the center. Is that what you bumped?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no switches on/in the water heater panel and there's no LP or AC labels IN the trailer's 2 on n off buttons. I'm at the bank now and will imediately go home to double check. 25 mins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We looked for switches/buttons in the heater compartment and there was nothing to push/pull
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

They are usually in the kitchen area. White plastic with a flame symbol and a lightning symbol.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing like those here
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

O.K.......I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something. You may need to call in a mobile tech to give you some assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can send pix via email....?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No mobile techs will come to my trailer which is in a perm. Spot
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

E-mail them to me at XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved o.k. or do you still need some additional input from me here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing resolved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent pix to eh gibbons. You? Thanks but no answer that I can see
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Would you like to discuss this over the phone? That might be easier and I can direct you. And I did get your photos and responded to your e-mail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

There should be a phone service request there that you can hit and we can chat as long or as many time as needed. It is an extra fee, but most customers like the fact that it is quicker and easier to understand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be reimbursed if nothing resolved after chat?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If you are not satisfied with the results you can always ask for a refund here. They offer 100% satisfaction.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hang in there for a bit...........

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Are you going to continue emailing me or are you waiting for me to call you?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I can't offer you the phone chat request from my end. You will have to request that. It is because I opted out once and it messes with our software I guess.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I call, do you think you figured out or have any real solutions for this crazy problem?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I think maybe just call in a mobile tech to assist you on this. This format works well for most questions, but not all. We don't have much luck on problems we only see in rare occasions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome..........sorry we couldn't track that down.