RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

This is about a 2016 2304DS, electric stabilizing jacks will

Customer Question
not deploy. Green jacked 30A...
This is about a 2016 2304DS, electric stabilizing jacks will not deploy. Green jacked 30A fuses are of read 12V across them, 20A short stop circuit breaker reads 12V across both leads ( neg lead of the meter is on chassis gnd ) . There is one motor for each jack and one switch for each jack. ( hard to believe all motors / switches are bad ) also live in northern California ( drought so rain is not a issue ). I also visually checked the 30A fuse at the inside breaker panel looks good. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
7/27/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Whose jacks to you have? Make and model?

I would try jumping the switch first and rule that out. If they work, then switch is probably bad. IF not, go to the motor and direct wire them to see if the motor works. That will allow you to narrow down the source of the problem. We can go from there once you do. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There are 4 switches and 4 mothers independently for each jack ? All 4 switches are bad? And or moters
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oops hit send too quick I'll measure the volts at the switch nothing going to the motor. P. S. I'm a laundry repair tech.

Are you sure you had the meter set correctly? Hard to believe all 4 are bad in any place. More likely the meter was wrong OR you have a bad ground lead for those. Add a good ground lead and see if that changes this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
0 ohms from ground to switch ground, motor runs if across a battery. Have to revisit tommorow going to recharge batteries vehicle has been stored in a remote location. Dinner with the wife is taking priority.

Don't neglect the wife! Sounds like a bad ground here. Install a test ground and see if this will correct this.

Just checking back in here to see if you were able to track this down or do you still need some additional input from me here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wanted the quick and easy specific to the rig, trouble shooting the hard way is easy for me. I was looking for a hidden fuse or breaker. Based on the t shooting we've done so far it seems like one of the switches is bad or pulling current. I have not had time to apply to it further for I'm currently in Hawaii

O.K..........you can always get back to me later if you need to.

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification