Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2002 Monaco Diplomat - coolant leaking from the engine -

Customer Question

2002 Monaco Diplomat - coolant leaking from the engine - opened inside engine cover and see a hose clamp laying in the fan cowling - possibly radiator hose came loose?
How do you get access to repair?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

IF you see a clamp then a good bet a rubber hose has come off one of the rubber lines, IF you can not get to it from the top then you are going to have get under the RV and work on the sides of the engine, sometimes having a second person can help hand any tools or shine a light on the area. I have been in some very awkward positions in the chassis making repairs, it most likely will be very difficult but should not be impossible. Normally you would want to do a pressure test but if you can see it leaking you should be able to see the leak. My only caution is if the airbags or jacks are down you want some jack stands on the frame as an added precaution, don't want the jacks retracting or the bags dumping while you are underneath....

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert