Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an R-vision Trail-Lite 8036 and the slide out stops

Customer Question

I have an R-vision Trail-Lite 8036 and the slide out stops halfway. Electric.
JA: What is the model of your '6036 RV?
Customer: It's a Trail Lite by R-Vision model 8036 bumper pull
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: The battery is new, but it has been disconnected for a while. all the bulbs work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, hoping to fix myself. Just checked for obstructions, looked at the cam shaft to make sure they are spinning.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

What I would do is check your voltage when the room is running, it should not be dropping below 11 volts, if so then I would have the battery load tested, a new battery can go bad if it has not been charged or had a bad cell. IF it is an all electric slide what I might do next is get a charged good battery and jump power direct to the motor leads, the room should want to move in or out, swap the wires and see if it will go both ways, if so then you know it is in the wiring or voltage issue. IF the room acts the same way you could have a bad motor. Hope this helps some.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert