Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Instinct 2016 power wont stay on at KOA

Customer Question

Instinct 2016 power wont stay on at KOA
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Are you plugged into a 30 or 50 amp service with no cords or adapters? Are you missing the AC power?? That would be the outlets, microwave etc or are you missing the DC power, that would be the lights, water pump, fridge etc? OR both?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
50 amp with cords, missing dc and ac power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power comes on then goes off again
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Need to figure out why the AC power is missing, without the AC power you are not going to have DC voltage.

SO the first thing to do is to check the supply source, if you have not tried so try another source and make sure it is not the problem.

IF you do not have a built in generator the cord should go right to the main breaker panel inside, it could be a loose connection at that point if the AC power is going on and OFF..... I would also ask if others are having the same issue to make sure it is not a park problem but the source should be checked to make sure it is not at fault. Has to be the supply or a bad connection in the breaker panel. IF you do happen to have a generator please let me know.... Hope this helps some....... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We believe there is a short as power goes on/off when coming up stairs, and moving around bedroom area. Brand new trailor so taking it to camping world under warranty
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

That would be best if it is under warranty. If you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping, IF you are NOT satisfied please let me know, I try my best and sometimes it is a challenge online...

Robert