peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2003 Monaco LaPalma class A rv with a 8.1 L chevy

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Monaco LaPalma class A rv with a 8.1 L chevy engine on a workhorse chassis. The dash air conditioning doesn't cool and i can't get the dampers to move allowing switching air from defroster to dash vents. I suspect at least 2 problems. 1q. the compressor isn't running probably due to low freon and 2 it says the dampers are controlled by an air pressure tank. Where is the air pressure tank located?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: radiator is good no coolant leaks. engine maintains normal temp
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just starting on this. I bought it last week. do you know where the air pressure tank is located?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I haven't confirmed yet if the compressor runs. focusing on getting the dampers to move so I can get air out of the dash vents for now. Air is coming out of the windshield vents now so blower works, but cant get the dampers to move so air comes out of the dash
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases both of these issues may be caused by the same component.I have seen issues with the dash control panel for the heater/ac system fail and cause this issue here needing replaced.If you have not had this tested at all to see if this is the cause here this should be done and replaced if found at fault.This can be the fault if both of these issues occurred at the same time.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete