Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

What must be done to properly vent a window unit type a/c in

Customer Question

what must be done to properly vent a window unit type a/c in my Roadtrek Popular 200, year 2001
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

What did you replace? Is this an A/C?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We replaced the auxiliary a/c unit
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

On the roof? If so, nothing special has to be be done other than replace it and use it according to the instructions. Keep the air filter clean and the air speed up and don't over do it on the cold setting. Give it time to cycle. Hope that is what you had in mind here. IF NOT, please get back to me with more clarification. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is not a roof top, Roadtrek designed a B class van in which the original installation was a Fedder a/c unit
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am not familiar with that unit so I will opt out and let another tech offer something if they have another idea.