RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2010 norcold model N611 erial 12516807 mfg says no recall on…

2010 norcold model N611 erial...
2010 norcold model N611 erial 12516807 mfg says no recall on this unit.
Have never used it on gas only 120 volt, we always use hookups. I store trailer inside heated garage and keep refrigerator on all the time with things in it so we are ready to go. Came back after 3 days camping and when I connected shore power and reset refrigerator to "AUTO" green light came on like always then in a couple of minutes green "on" and Gas "amber" lights came on together then strated to flash. Propane tank was shut off. Tried to reset several times but same results, first green light then both on then both flash.
Any ideas what to look for? I wouild also like to just disconect the gas function as we will never use it, to old to dry camp. Thank you for your time
Ray Bedford ***@******.***
7/10/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

That would be the usual source of the "clicking" sound. It would try to start of gas if the AC mode was unavailable for some reason. That could be from a blown fuse on the board or an AC element that was burned out. These are easy to check if you have a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores. About $20 or so. I am attaching a link to the Norcold Service Manual which covers this model. See the error code flashing sequences as they tell you what the problem is most likely to be. Let me know if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee. I will make a phone chat offer for you as well in case you feel that would be more productive and easier to follow along. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

I am not sure which fuse it is,none printed on list on fuse pannel for refrigerator, what amp is it?

It would be the AC fuse on the circuit board on the rear of the fridge. See that section of the manual and I would print out a copy so you have it. Check the diagnostic page for your model and see what that is telling you. The cover has to come off the board to get to the fuses and be sure that you mark the leads as it is easy to get them back on wrong, especially the power board leads. The heating element leads and the gas valve leads have NO polarity so those don't matter. With a meter you can check the element. Ohms values are in the manual.

Thanks, ***** ***** going to have to get a friend over here that is savy on electrical stuff to help, I am just not sure I want to get into this, might make it worse.- can I contact you in a few days on this same problem?Ray

Sure............and I can make a phone chat offer for you. That might be easier. No limit on time or number of calls.

It will be a couple of days how do I get back in touch with you so I don't have to start all over?Ray

Sure..........just Bookmark this and you can come right back to it again.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification