RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My 2003 Keystone Outback with Dometic refrigerator/freezer…

my 2003 Keystone Outback with...
my 2003 Keystone Outback with Dometic refrigerator/freezer is not working. There is no ammonia smell, we checked everything we could with the manual, bought a new heating element RM2652 and that heats up very hot, but nothing cold in frig. The old element worked for the freezer and got down to 50 in frig, then not cooling now, so will put the old one back in and see if it will still freeze up top. Any suggestions?
7/7/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

HI my name is Robert...

Sounds like a bad cooling unit OR thermistor, go to the back of the fridge and you will see a circuit board, on the circuit board is a two wire connector marked P-2 only two wire connector on the board, unplug that and let the fridge run for a few hours, that is the thermistor and when you unplug it the fridge should default to full cooling, if the fridge cools bad thermistor. IF it still does not cool on BOTH AC AND LP, then I suspect the cooling unit is bad, for a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but NO cooling on both sources....

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thanks, ***** ***** check it out.

No problem at all, let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond when I can..

Thank you. Robert