Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Slide will notl retract. Showig 1 flash and 5 red flashes.

Customer Question

Slide will notl retract. Showig 1 green flash and 5 red flashes.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
our passenger slide will not retract. the error code shows 1 green flash and 5 red flashes. according to the manual the error message was excessive motor current. suggestions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the coach is a 2012 Winnebago Journey, Model 42U
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

You could have a bad motor or they are not in sync, causing motor 1 to pull to much current. I would see if you can override the room so you can at least get it in and have it looked at, click HERE to have a look, you can see what is involved in getting the room in. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Robert, you just repeated back to me what I told you. In looking at the chart it says go to the manual, which I have done. However I cannot digest what to do next, that is why I called you. I need to know what to next.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

I was suggesting that you try to get the room in manual with the override button or manually run the room in I sent you the procedures for that. IF the 1 is the motor which would be motor 1 and the excessive motor current could be caused buy the motor 1 trying to do all the work if the room was not in sync. Mys suggestion is to get the room in per the instructions so you can at least travel and have it looked at.

IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, trying to be helpful...

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The manual mode, according to the manual can only be used is there is not a motor failure. IS that correct. I tried to do what it says about pressing the reset button six times and then holding it for 10 secs. Both lights began flashing which indicates it was in the manual mode. However the next step, pressing both the in and out buttons did nothing. Any other suggestions or did I do it right. Not exactly proficient in these matters.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Sorry for the delay..... You did it right, if you look at the next procedure it will explain how to run the room in manually. When you unplug the motors at the board it should release the motor clutch or brake and allow you to push the room in. Beyond that I would see about maybe having a mobile service come out to you and have a look..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI... was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? Please feel free to contact me if needed..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, no offense but all you were able to do was reinforce what was in the manual. I needed a trouble shooter or some one to walk me through what I needed to do as the manual can be vague to a layman. As a result I still have got the slide in as I cannot find the break and I have been right under rig sitting up with a good view.
I finally decided to try and replace the dual control unit because I don't believe it is the motor as we disconnected the lead wires and we still got the same error message. I will get it Friday. Hopefully it will work or it's back to the drawing board.In working with Just Ask did I sign up or register for a membership. If so how did I get it cancelled as I do not want another charge next month. I feel I should not even pay the original $45.00Rod
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, we are required to respond in a timely manner. I have been doing this site for some time and I try my best and it can be a challenge, in your case I was hoping the manual override would work for you, but it appears it is not. Very possible the controller is at fault and I may have suggested that if you replied back.

IF you would like a refund please let me know, you already made a deposit to the company, I have not received any credit as you have not selected a rating. I rather have you satisfied and want to come back in the future so if you want a refund please let me know...

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You, ***** ***** follow up with the refund. I appreciate your understanding.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem at all, will get that going for you...

Robert