gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

We have a 2010 Sandpiper and the last 2 evenings, the lights

Customer Question

We have a 2010 Sandpiper and the last 2 evenings, the lights get dim and then bright, and this continues on until you turn them off for a while and then back on and it does it again
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is most likely an effect from the converter charger needing replacement, are you plugged into shore power? Do you know where the converter is located in the unit? thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are plugged in to campground 50 amp current. No one else noticed any dimming. Is the converter located inside the side door, right of the entry door?

I cannot be sure, however if you could look at it, and give me the model number I can confirm if it is or not, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is where it is, I opened a compartment panel and it is written on the top. model is 355QBQ. So how do we know that is bad?

My theory is that is is fluctuating voltage while in use. So when this is occurring (lights dimming ect) with your voltmeter, check the output dc voltage of the converter, if it does not stay steady, its bad. This is the unit that charges the batteries, as well as create the 12volt for usage when your plugged in................

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume the large red and black are the 110 going in to the unit?

The large black and red are the dc voltage going to/from the unit this is where you want to test.