RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My domestic rm2652 will not power on and fuse is ok, Same

Customer Question
My domestic rm2652 will not...
My domestic rm2652 will not power on and fuse is ok
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: Same fuse it's been since new
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2007 keystone outback
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Basically the fuses under the fridge And the glass fuse outside but all is good
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was working fine but then I opened the door and the light sparked then the whole fridge went down
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: And I'm surprised it isn't the fuse
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/4/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert.....

Which fuse did you check???

IF you would like to do a phone service it might be quicker, there is an added fee for that, if not I can help you in this format....

Robert

Did you check the fuse on the circuit board? Should be a DC and AC fuse...

Robert

Follow ups are included.... Just need to have an idea if you checked the fuse under the the cover for the circuit board AND if the DC fuse had power going to it?

IF you have DC power at the fuse on the board then there is a good chance the board or upper panel is at fault. I would also be looking at that light connection inside, make sure it is not corroded. You can troubleshoot and see if the board OR panel is at fault but you will need a volt meter, click HERE for a service manual and it will step you through the troubleshooting on whether the board or display panel is at fault, the only other thing that would prevent the fridge from turning ON would be if the high limit was tripped, that would be a small disc on the flue canister and it will have a tiny button in the center, I doubt that is the issue if you saw a spark, it sounds like something shorted out so you have to trace the path of the DC power, the fridge does not care if the the AC power is available to turn ON. Hope this points you in the right direction... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.

Robert

HI... was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? Please feel free to contact me if needed..

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic