RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2008 Discovery 40X, I have an intermittent issue

Customer Question
with the fan not activating...
I have a 2008 Discovery 40X, I have an intermittent issue with the fan not activating and quickly overheating. Sometimes it wouldn't be on at the start and never activate and sometimes it would be on and just shut off. We would than over heat. I would pull over, let cool down and all of a sudden it would come on and it will run all day from there. I have read other owners with the same issue and even found that someone recommended just replacing the fan clutch based on SS3737 code or something like that. Also there seams to be an issue with the 4 mounting bolts vs 5 for the attachment causing the mount to shear off.
Thank you for your help with this. We have no confidence in the rig and it was a lot of money with no fun to be had in it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm Coming up on 24 hrs and know reply. Is there anyone there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Myron is in the shop right now and would appreciate some help. It's been 24 hrs.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I meant my rig is in the shop
Answered in 2 days by:
7/6/2016
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would have the fan clutch tested to see if it is locking up/engaging properly like it should with a cold engine and when warm.If it is not engaging especially with a hot engine and this is a mechanical fan I suspect the fan clutch itself needs replaced to correct this issue.I have had to replace the fan clutch on several models in the past before for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician