Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2003 Damon Challenger Motorhome and we just took

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Damon Challenger Motorhome and we just took the back tv out and found in the upper left hand corner on ceiling a black spot about 3" x 4". Is this black mold? How do I fix?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

DO you have felt on the ceiling or is it wood? Or something else?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
white carpeting factory installed
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK... Sounds like felt, it would be really thin, what I would do is get a razor knive and cut a small section so you can peel that down and see what it look like from underneath, if the wood underneath the ceiling material is rotted I would spray glue a section back in and then clean the ceiling material with some bleach and see if you can get that spot out, if the wood under the ceiling material is NOT rotted but the wood is stained then I would use some kilz on it.

IF the area is hidden and is not going to be seen then I might just cut the ceiling material out and leave it as it is not seen.

Normally if you have black spots, it can be caused by heat or if you had a leak, so I would do a visual inspection outside above that area and make sure everything is sealed up good.... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping this holiday weekend... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI..... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert

Have a Safe and Happy 4th!!