Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a patio Outlet not working I pressed the GF I in the

Customer Question

I have a patio Outlet not working I pressed the GF I in the bathroom but that didn't help. So iI was just wondering what to do troubleshoot this issue?
Category: RV
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

1st you need to check all fuses

then you need to check other outlets near that one

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

There are no fuses involved in this. IF the GFCI won't reset it can be due to several things. One is that it has gone bad. That can be checked with a multimeter to see if there is incoming AC power and how much. Those run about $20 or so at most automotive or hardware stores. Easy to use. The other thing is to check (with a meter) to be sure that there is good AC power OUT of the service breaker that contols that circuit. If there is NO incoming power it won't reset. And lastly, it can be a loose connection in that plug or others that are tied to it. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in here to see if you got everything you needed on this or do you still need more input from me?