RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Where is the pcm and the OBDII port located on my 2001

Customer Question
Tiffin Allegro with the F53...
where is the pcm and the OBDII port located on my 2001 Tiffin Allegro with the F53 Chassis and 6.8?
thank you!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/23/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

Two spots I would look, being a Ford they like to stick that connector under the drivers instrument panel, the panel will come off after you remove a few screws or it swings up. It would be near the top of the dash and may be coiled up, the other area would be to the right or in front of the steering colmun near the firewall, again it could be coiled up. Not exactly sure on the PCM that could be in the chassis mounted or in the dash... IF you are still having problems finding them you might want to try Tiffin, they actually have one of the better customer/tech support lines in the RV world. Hope this helps out, below is the contact for Tiffin just in case.... Robert

Parts & Service: 256-356--8219

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Robert, didnt think I completed the and so then didn't realize I would get a response.Thank you, ***** ***** try taking the lower dash panel apart to look.Also, where would I find the rear end ratio. I am adoing a 5 star tune with the XCT tuner and the company asked for the transmission and rear end gearing.Thanks!Dabe

I would look for a data tag on the rear differential, sometimes they will stick one there with at least some info on it... IF not I would try Tiffin they should be able to tell you. They actually can be helpful... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic