RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 96 Holiday Rambler with a Dometic Model 3863

Customer Question
refridgerator, works fine on 110...
I have a 96 Holiday Rambler with a Dometic Model 3863 refridgerator, works fine on 110 power , when set on Auto and it switches to gas mode it fires run about 2.5 minutes then check light come on and no more ignition. ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/21/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

When you are in Auto the circuit board should sense the AC voltage and stay running on AC power, if you loose AC power then it should default to LP, if it fails on LP the check light should come on, so it sounds like the AC side is fine but not the LP side. This could be a number of items and is going to be a process of elmination, what you did was very good, as that could cause the issue. The most likely cause would be a bad thermocouple assuming you have good LP gas pressure. I am going to give you a service manual to look over, follow the symptoms for the check light, if you can not perform a check skip over it. Would be hard for you to check the actual LP pressure at the back of the unit without a manometer... Click HERE for a service manual, it should help some.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the ONLY way I get credit for helping....

Robert

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic