RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I'm troubleshooting a 'no co' fault code. A common problem…

I'm troubleshooting a 'no co'...
I'm troubleshooting a 'no co' fault code. A common problem that I'm seeing is the refer must be operated when level - with a 3 degrees margin of error. We just bought this RV, and have been on the road with it for 10 days, many of which we were parked, but not level. The refrigerator has been running continuously all this time, with no problems until today. It's still not level, but it's closer to level than any other location we've been in. Why would it work fine all this time, and now need to be level (assuming that is the cause of the error)?
Also, with this requirement for being level, how does that affect the use of the refer while the RV is on the road traveling at highway speeds?
6/21/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Sounds like you have a Norcold? What is the model number? IF it is a Norcold 1200 can you go to the outside access panel and look for a small black box, on the box would be a led light, if you see that let me know if the light is ON or blinking....

Robert

Hi Robert.I think you tried to call me this morning, but my call service blocked your number as being spam. I've unblocked it now if you do want to call. You can also call my husband's phone at(###) ###-####Yes, it is a Norcold 1200LRIM. The serial number is(###) ###-#### ***** RV is a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind Workhorse chassis.I did not see a small black box nor any LED lights. I am attaching 2 photos of the access panel.BTW, how long do you think the food will remain viable? (It was all cold when put in, and has been kept cold for the last 10 days on the road. Ice was still frozen hard last night, several hours after the error code (we assume) started.

I did not try calling however the company does offer a phone call for an extra charge, IF you like I can send you that info OR continue to help you here...

Please do send the info...

I sent the offer once you accept that I will give you a call... When you accept that I get credit for the answer and phone service.....

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic