RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

OK. very last time. Drivers side leveling creeps after I

Customer Question
OK. For the very last...
OK. For the very last time. Drivers side leveling Jack creeps after I have extended it allowing the coach to become tilted, uncomfortable! 2002 Newmar DS original owner, no accidents
JA: What is the model of your '02 RV?
Customer: 2002 Dutch Star " DS" is what they are commonly referred to
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have already answered this question.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The very idea of an assistant is not good business. He should know that.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

HI..

I have already responded to you twice on your original question. I will re post here....

This sounds like a faulty solenoid valve, if the solenoid valve was leaking it would do this, the jack could run up. The solenoids will be near the pump/manifold, each solenoid will have a set of wires going to it, you will have extend and retract solenoids. On the end of the solenoid would be a T handle OR 1/4 nut, make sure they are all tight, if one was opened some it would allow the jack to run up.

What you can try next is swap the solenoids, have someone run the jacks while you feel the solenoids, you will feel the solenoid click so then you can swap them and see if the problem goes to another jack OR when they are up if the jack starts to come down. IF you do try and swap the solenoids make sure you open all the 1/4 nuts on the solenoids (or T handles) for the leveling as you need to take the pressure off the system, open them about 5 turns.

Hope this helps really sounds like a solenoid...

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Hi was just checking in to see if you need more help on this...

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic