RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a 2006 Keystone RV. Believe the Dometic A/C and Frig are original. Lightning it about 50 ft from unit last night.

A/c is giving error code...
Have a 2006 Keystone RV. Believe the Dometic A/C and Frig are original. Lightning it about 50 ft from unit last night. A/c is giving error code E1, lost coomunication. Frig will not turn on. Any ideas. Have checked fuses and breakers. everything is good. Have power to plugs and microwave.
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

HI my name is Robert.....

What is the make and model of the fridge?

Robert

Getting it. What about the AC? Any idea?

ON the thermostat can you tall me how many buttons it has? have you tried to reset the thermostat?

Robert

Frig is an rm 2652. 3 buttons on thermostat

OK...

For the fridge go to the outside access panel and unplug the cord, you will see a small box with a bunch of wires going to it. Remove the cover, on the circuit board you will see some fuses, check each fuse on the board, one fuse is for DC power or what allows the fridge to turn on. IF you have DC power and it is around 12 volts at the back of the fridge and it is not turning ON then the lighting may have taken the circuit board out. IF you do NOT have DC voltage going to the back of the fridge check all your fuses inside the RV.

For the AC unit unplug the main cord from shore power and go disconnect the batteries, wait about 20 mins and then plug back in and re-connect the battery sometimes taking away ALL the DC AND AC voltage will reset, if not then looking at a bad board inside the AC unit once again from the symptom of the lighting strike.

Also the power converter could have taken a hit, when you are plugged into AC power the power converter will take the AC voltage and make the DC voltage, that would be something to check out if you have DC voltage at the back of the fridge....

Robert

Let me know if you have more questions or concerns, follow ups are included. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page,,,, Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Looks like the boards took a hit. One of the fuses melted. Thanks for your help