RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Furnace. kicks out 50 amp breaker on conv, Bench tested

Customer Question
furnace. kicks out 50 amp...
furnace. kicks out 50 amp breaker on conv, Bench tested furnace runs great on 15 amp fuse.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/17/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

That is pretty much impossible as that is AC and the furnace is DC powered. The only way that might happen is if somehow an AC line were shorted out in the process of installing the furance. Perhaps an AC lead pinched or a screw put into the wiring. Look for those things and then get back to me if more is needed. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me here?

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification