RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Are the any other fuses on the Onan Maquis 5000 besdes the choke heater fuse? Thank you Muir...

Customer Question
Are the any other fuses...
Are the any other fuses on the Onan Maquis 5000 besdes the choke heater fuse? Thank you Muir
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: What coolant level? It's air cooled!
JA: What is the model of your '3000 RV?
Customer: I'm talking about a Onan Maquis 5000 generator
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: made sure it had fuel and oil, checked the fuses that I could find. it was blown but replacing did not help
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Satrted it yesterday and it ran normally for about ten minutes and then it qiut like it had ran out of fuel. Cranked ok but would not start - made sure plenty of oil and fuel - top both up. Tried again but now it won't even crank and no sound of solenoids
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/18/2016
RV Mechanic: Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets replied 1 year ago
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

The fuse on the side of the control panel is for the fuel pump and choke heater.

The main control fuse is on the control board itself. To access it, you simply pull on the fuse holder (the rectangular piece of plastic on the control panel). YOu must pull firmly, but the fuse will come out with the holder.

Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets