RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 93 Winnebago adventurer diesel. Started last year.

Customer Question
I have a 93 Winnebago...
I have a 93 Winnebago adventurer diesel. Started last year. Replaced batteries now no start. Engine does nothing. I hear relays click. House lights come on. What could be wrong?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/12/2016
RV Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It sounds like you may have a battery draw somewhere in you MH that is draining your batteries.

Please see attachment on how to find and fix that.

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not ask about battery drain. This is not the issue. The rv will not start. It started last year. Batteries were old and I replaced them. Lights turn on inside but no power to start. No engine instrument panel power.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, check your ignition switch for power first going to it, then coming out.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a volt meter. Where can I check for voltage? Thanks.

Power feeds going to the switch, check all the wires going in and out. We need to see first if it's getting power in and out to know where to go next.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No voltage. Checked wires and pulled IGN fuse to check for voltage across, nothing.

That's what I though, you need to check the wiring from your power distribution box under the hood and check for broken power feed wires from there to the ignition switch. It's possible that a connector got corroded or a small animal got in there and chewed through something.

thanks again,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All wires an harnesses look good with no chew holes or exposed copper.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, I cleaned the corrosion off the main junction near fuse box.
We're missing something here, weyet gave power to the ignition switch.
Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What next?
Supply power go it with a separate line just for now go check everything .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ron. I'm not satisfied with your responses. I paid for high detailed service and what I got is quite general, poorly written, non specific responses. Example. "Supply power go it with a separate line just for now go check everything." This is hardly detailed.
Ok, sorry that I was not made aware of your skill level. Wish you would have explained that earlier do all this time wasn't wasted.
Thanks again,
RV Mechanic: C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic

New expert here. I have read over some of the above details. Do you have a Volt meter handy?

C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic