RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The kitchen slide on my 2001 country coach is too low when…

The kitchen slide on...

The kitchen slide on my 2001 country coach is too low when retracted and has no clearance. This is beginning to cause damage with siding being very stressed and pulling the siding away from the structure. what adjustment can I make to better align the slide? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 RV?

Alure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am capable but not sure where I have access.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?

It seems to move out and in fine, but it then has to ride up over the edge to get back in position, which is where the stress is created.

6/11/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Pretty sure this is a HWH hydrualic slide, if that is the case you can go to HWH's web site and look up the slide room you have and it will show you the adjustments. Click HERE to have a look. That is a listing for the service manuals, it would be hard for me to venture which set up you have as HWH has dozens of different arrangements. You might also want to get a hold of Country Coach and see if they can point you in the right direction, they are still in business and should have a technical support line for customers. The only other slide manufacturer I can recall them using was Power Gear but that would be an all electric slide-room, if you happen to have that set up please let me know.... Hope this points you in the right direction.....

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic