Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

When it rains the atwood water heater won't stay burning

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Try doing two things. Have the LP pressure checked at the tank regulator to be sure it isn't too low and install an insect screen over the vent area to help keep the water out of the area. If you are still having problems after that you can install a short piece of gutter trim over the water heater to keep the water from coming down the wall and entering into the area. Most RV shops can sell you a short piece of trim. Do the easy ones first. Hope that proves helpful. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or so you still need some additional input from me here?