RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2006 RV with an Norcold 1200 system in it. First

Customer Question
off I was blowing the...
I have a 2006 RV with an Norcold 1200 system in it. First off I was blowing the fuse on the PC Board found the fix for that. Replaced heating element. The box worked then. The person putting on the cover on the board broke it. Ordered new one put it back together and I have no light and it will not work on electric or LP. Control panal inside on refer will do nothing at all no lights it is dead. Any Ideas
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/3/2016
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hii I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

The person that cracked the cover

look real good at PC Board , make sure he did not

damage it or crack it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he did not
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Wayne He didn't to my knowledge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is a new board
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where did you go?

Hi

We are very busy today, plus I work as a Independent Contractor

as all of us at JA,

I know you said new board, but when installing cover did it ge cracked also , the PC board

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am sorry I didn't realize you are at work. I am petty sure he did not brake the board but I will check again.

Hi Thank you for that

I work from home 8Am to 12Pm, then 2Pm to 4 pm

yes check the board real good for small cracks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will do thank you

Hi

Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is good. Still no power of any kind LP or AC and no light inside. Control panel outside refer is dead no lights or codes

Morning

I will opt-out ,see if another expert can help you

Sorry I could not help

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Can you go to the outside access panel and look for a small black box, on the box would be a single led light, need to know if that light is on... Also do you have a volt meter?

Robert

Also the company offers a phone service for an added fee, if you would like to try that please let me know and I will send you the request, might be faster on the phone....

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Robert. Yes i know about the box. I also ran a magnate over it. The light is off if I unplug the power to it the light comes on. At this point in time I think I am going to order a new power cord. Hopefully that works.

OK

Let me ask you this going into the control board do you have DC voltage, you should have power and ground going into the board, if you have good DC voltage going into the board and the fuse is not blown then I suspect the board is at fault. I asked about the sensor because it would prevent power to the board if it was tripped, so the key is if you have voltage going into the board. If so then I would replace it. Hope this helps, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping..., Robert

HI.... I see you have not selected a rating, if you need more help please let me know....

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
waiting for a new power cord. Will arrive tomorrow.

10-4.... Let me know if you still need more help and thanks for the update....

Have a great day! Robert

Jut checking in to see if you get this resolved...

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic