Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2004 Gulfstrean G7 Friendship, with two penguin

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Gulfstrean G7 Friendship, with two penguin Duo-Therm air conditioners. The rear air conditioner just developed a vibration, then a cycling like the compressor is trying to start. This cycling goes on every two or three minutes. Is the compressor going bad or is one of the mounting systems louse?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I would check and make sure the mounting bolts for the AC unit are tight, if they were loose you could get a vibration. Pull the inside cover down and look up into the AC unit, you should see 4 or 5 very long bolts that are running up into the AC unit, between the AC unit and roof is a gasket. Overtime the bolts can back out due to vibration, you might even be able to spin them with your fingers. Snug them all up and then put about 4 turns on each of them. You do not want to over-tighten them, there is a torque spec of only about 12" lbs, not ft lbs. I would check that to start, if it still short cycles I would get up on the roof and remove the shroud and give everything a good cleaning. IF the problem still exists I would have a RV shop check it out. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi.... I see you have not selected a rating, if you need more help please let me know....

Robert