Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1999 winnabego adventurer my problem is the side

Customer Question

i have a 1999 winnabego adventurer my problem is the side out and lifts. if i want to use it works fine but if i drive more that 15 minutes the unit won't go on. if i let it cool then it works normal. have you heard this problem
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I have not heard of this issue, are they HWH leveling jacks and slide-room? How long do you have to wait after you stop before they will work?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the hwh leveling jacks and slide room. it usually takes 30 minutes. i'm not sure what is cooling down.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes they will stick a thermal breaker on the main cable to the battery, when a thermal fuse trips it breaks contact and when it cools off it would self reset. Something to look for, if that breaker was near a heat source I suppose it could cause an issue, normally they stick it near the battery and can be on the frame. I would also go to the pump/manifold and check all your cables make sure they are clean and tight, no loose or corroded connections, I might go as far as taking some voltage readings at the solenoid for the pump as one side should come right from the battery, make sure the voltage is good and not low. Verify your fluid level as well. I have been doing RV repair for a long time and familiar with HWH and have never heard of this....Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, i am not satisfied with the response. i never heard of this problem before doesn't make me think you have the answer.
i talked to my mechanic and his response was that the problem is with the emergency brake with a switch and is not responding
because the unit won't turn on. it could also be that the emergency brake is pushed down too much and works like a clock if it is pushed too far it thinks it off. i will get under the rv tomorrow and look for a switch.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Would you like to try another expert? IF that theory was correct then the not in park brake light on the pad would be on. I told you I have never seen this and have been a RV tech for 18 years, I was trying to provide you some direction on what components are in the systems. The parking brake does need to be set for both the jacks and slides to work. I have never heard of an issue where you set the brake and 15 mins later it works, it either does or doesn't. Sorry my info was not helpful to you. Robert