Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2013 WFCO Model WF-8955PEC converter in my RV that

Customer Question

I have a 2013 WFCO Model WF-8955PEC converter in my RV that appears to have stopped converting to DC. I have disconnected the battery cables and checked for out going voltage but there is none. Can you help?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI my name is Robert...

Click HERE and see page 7 for troubleshooting, if you have voltage at the fuse block I would check near the battery for a tripped breaker, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and could be on the frame, most have a tiny tab that pops out when they trip. The voltage on each post to chassis ground should be very close. Hope this helps, IF you still need more help please let me know. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Breaker

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a good battery and the lights are working fine buy the converter does not come on neither does the cooling fan.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

SO if the converter was bad you would see the lights dimming and after awhile you would loose DC power. When you plug into power you should have around 13.5 volts at the battery and then it should maintain around 12.5. The fan should come as load is applied, there should be a thermal sensor inside the converter that will allow it to come on.

IF you have good voltage at the battery and no power inside possibly a disconnect solenoid issue, what is the year,make and model of the RV? DO you have a disconnect switch near the entry door?

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I see you requested a phone service, so you know there is an added fee for that.

What is the Year, Make and Model of the RV and do you have a disconnect switch near the entry door?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI.... I see you have not selected a rating, if you need more help please let me know.... Robert