Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Rv ac shut down-breakers stayed on --gfci-reset does not

Customer Question

rv ac shut down-breakers stayed on --gfci-reset does not respond-all fuses are fine
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Shut the breakers off inside and then go unplug from power, if you have an inverter make sure a breaker is not tripped on that. Plug back in turn the breakers back on and see if your power is restored. IF not start the generator and tell me if the power is working or not..... Normally for a GFCI that does not want to reset there is no power present, could be an issue with the supply or a transfer switch issue if you have AC power when you run the gen. Follow ups are included... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert I went a rv repair--the ohman 3600 has a breaker which was tripped via excess--re - toaster-coffee maker-- then the dreaded hair dryer--breaker is below start button in front of generater when face panel is removed. Michael
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am aware of that, you have to remove the side panel to get at it. Maybe I should have asked if you were plugged into shore-power or had the generator going. It sounds like you have the problem resolved, if you still need more help please let me know. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI.... I see you have not selected a rating, if you need more help please let me know.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert you may be aware-but- you did not tell you should have asked about shoreline -but- did not. I stated generator was overloaded--no mention of shoreline--you did not mention a breaker in the generator--I went to a rv repair and they fixed the problem by simply pressing the breaker button--you did not say open the generator panel locate breaker and reset-had you told me this I would not have gone to the rv repair--what sort of rating would you give yourself-Please advise Michael
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I should have asked if you were on shore power or generator power as I would have been able to help on that. I am going to request a refund for you on this question..... Robert