gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

We took cover off unit to clean. When removing cover 2 wires

Customer Question

We took cover off unit to clean. When removing cover 2 wires came loose. One blue one brown. We are unsure where they go. When we try to reconnect. The compressor will try to kick on, then the furnace kicks on which turns compressor off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes - I'm just the lady in the middle who will convey to my very agitated husband
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know the correct lingo. But he has placed brown wire & blue wire in different "clamps or hole"
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: As I look up at wires - from right to left .. I see blue wire, green, yellow, white, then two smaller gauge wire in a red clamp
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Brown wire is hanging down
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coleman
8335d876 model number###-##-####serial numberWhe put brown wire in and compressor started - removed it. Stuck blue wire in blower started. Don't think it ever cooled. But our furnace kicks in and blows whenever the compressor is on
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are you talking about wires on the thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No wiring at the rooftop unit
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I think that part number is ***** the thermostat..........what is the model number of the A/C?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Husband went on roof8335d876 model number###-##-####serial number
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

O.K..........isn't there any wiring diagram on the control box up there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No diagram ... Just a row of spades? With different color wires
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can find you one.........

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are these wires up on top or inside the coach under the ceiling grill? The blue is a furnace lead. And when you say "in" here.........what does that mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wiring under grill at the control panel. I'm not sure what I was referencing when I said in here.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You mentioned sticking a wire "in" and not sure what that means. Can you take a photo of the control and attach it to your post?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Put wires in an empty spade on control panel. I took picture but unsure how to attach it in this post
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Use the paperclip icon............or e-mail it to me at***@******.***

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I emailed to you. Found the "add files" but photo would not attach
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind I see I attached twice geez
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I can't tell much from that photo really. Part of the problem is that Coleman has dozens of models and they changed over their website and hard to find anything now. Those terminals should be marked. I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something as I have to go out on a Service Call. Sorry I wasn't able to come up with the correct wiring for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying. I will look for markings on terminals