Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Help! My 2001 Jayco designer legacy fifth wheel all of the

Customer Question

Help! My 2001 Jayco designer legacy fifth wheel all of the sudden has no 110/120 power. We're hooked up to a 30 amp source. Some one else hooked to sourse and source is good. Camper won't pull any power. Why? What do I do
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** for the delay. 1.... Do you have a generator built into the RV?2... Are you using an adapters on the main cord, are you stepping down from 50 to 30 amp? Thanks. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to sll of those
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK The incoming AC power will go directly to the breaker panel inside if you do not have a generator, so this is going to be an issue with the cord OR a connection issue at the breaker panel, I would start and check the connections on the panel, you will see where the larger wires are coming in from the shore cord make sure they are tight and nothing has come loose. Also verify you do not have a GFI that is tripped, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley but can be about anywhere else including the outside. IF all the AC power is missing I suspect a bad cord, or loose connection at the breaker panel, you should have AC voltage in and out of the main breaker inside. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was nothing even close to what you said. I hope I don't get charged for this
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
what was the issue? I would be more then happy to request a refund for you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the way one of the slides were. Something had caused a ground and wouldn't let anything work
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK That would have been hard for me to diagnose on-line. I am glad the issue is resolved and I would be more then happy to request a refund for you, I have never heard of that affecting the AC power as the slide should be DC power,(unless the room caught the ac wiring) in any event I will request a refund for you, maybe next time.. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you