peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Pearl of Wisdom, JA: Sometimes things that you think will be

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl of Wisdom,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We can't find a "suitable tool" to lift the control panel of our new Dometic toilet. It was flushing and no longer is, so we assume it is the fuse. We've tried thin, small blade screwdrivers and are worried about denting or scratching the panel. You would think it would come with a notch in I
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. We only picked up the caravan on Friday and are home now and need to flush the toilet.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Jewellers screwdriver and other slightly larger one
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: Not really, it's a Millard Toura but we assume the problem is the fuse
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This may require a special tool to open this here that a dealer or repair center may have.You may have to see if one of these facilities can get this open for you.If a fuse is found blown it will need replaced but if it shorts out again this indicates a short in the toilet system that will need traced and located and repaired for this issue here.This may be best to have a dealer or repair center look into this fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete