Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My 2007 Winnebago View won't switch from shore power to

Customer Question

My 2007 Winnebago View won't switch from shore power to house power. Batteries are good and charged.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
What is the make of your load center where all the breakers and fuses are? No 12 VDC at all when the shore cord is unplugged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Randall. Not sure the make, I took a pic and will try to attach. Everything was working great on our trip, but last site with power we disconnected and when I hit the aux battery switch by the door to switch to house power, I hear the click sound under the driver seat where the fuses are, but no power comes on.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
This has a Magnetek load center and has been upgraded. Check those two 30 amp blade fuses on the top over the other main fuse block. And if that green light over to the extreme right isn't flashing, then there is no power coming from the batteries. That can be due to a disconnect solenoid issue or tripped shortstop breaker. I am attaching a photo of one so you know what to look for. Push the button back in to reset. http://www.surplus-electronics-sales.com/images/medium/122-1012%20Short%20Stop%2028V%2030A%20CB%20sm_MED.jpg
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
You might try jumping the disconnect solenoid just to see if it is bad. Move the one lead over to the other side on the heavy red leads. Check the fuses on the solenoid and be sure one isn't blown. It won't work otherwise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. On the road now, but will try when we stop in a couple hours. Thank you!
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome! Please take time to enter a rating for my service on this question as that is how I get credit for assisting you here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Randall, the two 30 amp blade fuses look good, but that green light to the right is off so we're definitely not getting any power from the house batteries. I couldn't find the disconnect solenoid or shortstop breaker though or anything like the pictur you sent. Nothing in the manual either. Where should I be looking for these?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
There has to be one or the other that is not allowing the battery current to reach the converter. Are you sure there is not battery disconnect switch? Most have one near the entry door or on the overhead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, there's definitely a battery disconnect switch at the door. But that's what doesn't seem to be working. When I click it on, it just clicks, but power doesn't switch to battery.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
It may be bad.......jump over it and see if you have power then. IF so, replace it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean by "jump over it"?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Take the lead from one and put it on the other side. That would tell you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe we're not talking about the same thing. This is the switch to turn the house battery power on in the RV. When I switch it to on, there's a click under the driver seat where the second set of fuses are located, but it doesn't switch the batter power on. I don't see any leads there I could jump over, but maybe there's somewhere else you're referring to.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
That is the switch, but you need to get to the solenoid that it controls for th leads to be jumped. Listen for the click and track don the location. Next to the batteries or under the hood.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or you still need some additional input from me here?