Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We just purchased a 2000 coachmen santara motorhome.

Customer Question

Hi
we just purchased a 2000 coachmen santara motorhome. there is a panel for the water settings. all knobs are set at off. need to know which knobs have to be turned on when using fresh water and which knobs need to be turn when using city water.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** and see page 25 it will show you the positions on a chart, you would want to look at the "use" position..... Hope this helps some... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you telling me that all of knobs on the chart should be at off position and when I want to use either city or fresh water the operational valve on top right of chart is the only one that has to be opened? all others are kept at closed? does this use knob stay on all the time - when would you close it?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Yes as far as I can tell and what I would do is have them all off then hook up the city water see if you get flow, if not move the valves to the "use" position. It is not clear if you have to have it set to "use" for both city water and water pump. It should not hurt anything leaving that valve in the open position. You would turn it when you want to fill the fresh water tank. So What I would do is hook up the city water connector, if you get no flow move the valve to use. Fill the tank and then put to the use and start the water pump. On some RV's that have that valve arrangement sometimes the use is only used for tank to pump. The other valves are for the bypass and the drains. Hope this makes sense, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert.IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping., Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for the information - I will be going out to motorhome later today. will do what you said. I will contact you if I have any problems. thank you. have a nice day.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need more help. I am around daily and respond when I can. If you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we finally figured out to use the fresh water - if you look at the diagram that you emailed you will see next to each valve diagram black lines or spots. these are indicating how all of the valves should be set for each procedure that you want to perform.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Yes I should have been clear on that. I am glad you got it figured out, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi I see you have not selected a rating, it you still need more help on this please let me know. Robert