peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Got a onan 10000 quite diesel with a 45 code. Disconnected

Customer Question

Got a onan 10000 quite diesel with a 45 code. Disconnected battery no luck. Any ideas???
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This looks to be a speed sense fault code here.This can be due to worn or failed brushes or poor contact from the brushes on the slip rings or an issue with the stator windings in some cases.It may also be a fault with wiring on the generator itself at fault.This will have to be tested/checked further to pinpoint the cause and then from there repaired to correct this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks there pete. With your help i think we can do it. What should we check first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disconnected the batteries overnight and still got a code 45.
Your welcome.Unfortunately I do not have the repair info on this here for you.This is something you may have to get from a dealer or repair center that works on these here.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so I guess you don't want to help?? you know where the brushes are what I was supposed to get all that should be common knowledge for an RV mechanic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i force u to help??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a new set of brushes. That i can install .We have only 1413 on hr meter seems soon 4 brushes.
Unfortunately I dont have the info here for this.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete