RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1999 itasca 30' single slide that will not retract,

this is the second time...
i have a 1999 itasca 30' single slide that will not retract, this is the second time this has happened the last time was do to a lose wire,i was not shown which wire so i could check if it would happen again. Please help trying to get rv to oklahoma to sister to use do to tornado
5/11/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is***** is the model of the Itasca? Suncruiser, Sunrise, Sunflyer, Sundancer or Spirit.Once I have that info it might take me a few mins to respond back as I have to see how the slideroom is set up.Robert
I am sorry it is a sun dancer
OKGive me a few, and I will provide some direction, there should be a way to also manual retract the room so you can get on the road as well, as an expert that has worked on these questions it would be hard for me to say where a loose wire would be due to the amount of wires but lets see what I can find out... Robert
OK Looks like a HWH system, make sure the parking brake is set, and you have the engine running, if it will not work go outside and look for a circuit breaker which should be on a panel on the forward interior wall of the passenger side storage compartment just ahead of the rear wheels. IT will have 7 or 8 push button breakers and should be marked slide-room. If that does not work you should have a crank handle and socket that has a cutout you stick the crank handle in and then you turn to bring the room in. IF the battery voltage was low or the parking brake set the room would not work, IF you click HERE and see 2-10,2-11 it will talk about operation, show the crank handle and the breaker.. Hope this helps.IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert
thank you Robert i will do my best with the info you have given me.I rate you with a 4 star rate.
No problem, you should be able to select a rating at the top of the page, you are not getting charged again when you select a rating... Thanks, Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic