RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Onan 8000 after shutdown will start a clicking sound at the

Customer Question
fuel intake line and will...
onan 8000 after shutdown will start a clicking sound at the fuel intake line and will not have any power at the start switch until the power cable is disconnected for 6 hours or longer, then will restart and run just fine till it is shut down, then will do same thing again; had at cummins mid south no help. generator question here
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 2 days by:
5/13/2016
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. If you havent checked for any damaged wiring at all leading to or on the generator itself I would see if any issues are found with any wiring needing to be repaired or replaced.I have run across shorted and damaged wiring in the past before causing a fault like this here needing repaired or replaced.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
pete the answer did not help; could the solenoid itself be the problem since the power cable must be disconnected for a period of time before it will reset and start; if a shorted wire was a problem why would the unit reset and run? Also this clicking in this switch may start as soon as the unit is shut down or may take up to a few hours; so could this short be the switch?
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician