Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I HAVE A NORCOLD FRIDG IN MY CAMPER. IT IS TRIPPING GFI BREAKER

Customer Question

I HAVE A NORCOLD FRIDG IN MY CAMPER. IT IS TRIPPING GFI BREAKER WHEN IT IS TURN ON? ANY SUGGESTIONS
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** you replaced the circuit board and the GFI is tripping I would be looking at the AC heating element, go to the flue canister and follow the wires to the board, unplug the wires and then turn the fridge on and see if the GFI still trips, if not I suspect the element is shorted out. They can be ohmed out but I would need the model number to give you the specs on that. The wires will run from the canister to the board. IF that is not it please let me know, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
HI WAS JUST CHECKING IN TO SEE IF MY ANSWER HELPED???? IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME..... ROBERT