RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My 2015 coachman 34' Mirada at night it creaks and sounds like

Customer Question
metal to metal, what causes...
my 2015 coachman 34' Mirada at night it creaks and sounds like metal to metal, what causes this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/10/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is***** this only happen when using the leveling system? I see you said you tried to re-level, is the RV going off level on the jacks? Robert
Please respond here, when you open a new question it makes it difficult to follow. no it remains level but has movement when moving around and it makes creaking noise like metal to metal mostly at night Does this only occur when using the leveling system? Do you have springs on the jacks? Robert
Hopefully you get this it is normal to have a little movement, the creaking noise could be from the temperature dropping, metal will loosen up and the jacks are under extreme pressure so it could be what you are hearing, it would not take much slippage to make that noise with all the pressure on the jacks. I might get under the RV or have a shop check all the mounting bolts for the jacks, make sure they are nice and tight. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
so what you are saying is that all motor homes do this
It is possible on all motor homes. It is normal to have some movement when walking around. I have seen some that will creak and if it continues to do so I would check the mounting bolts that hold the jacks to the frame, sometimes re-tighten them up can take care of the noise. That is at least my experience. When it cools off at night the metal can contract a little and since the jacks are under so much pressure it would not take much to make that noise. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... RobertIF it is still under warranty I might have a shop take a look at this.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic