RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 1999 Beaver Monterey 36' Sea Cliff. I have a water

Customer Question
I have a 1999 Beaver...
I have a 1999 Beaver Monterey 36' Sea Cliff. I have a water leak behind the on & off water compartment door. Is there any instructions on how to and what to remove to get behind the compartment valves.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/9/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
None that I can know of........you might want to enlist the services of a good mobile tech to come out and assist you. If you don't want to have him do it, he can at least show you what has to be done. I do that at my shop all the time. Or attach a photo of that to your post and I may be able to direct you as these vary from make to make and model to model. All follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not a happy camper. When I asked for help I expected you to actually assist me with my problem. Instead, all you have to offer for my money is to tell me to go to a mechanic !! It appears to me that little to no research was done on my issue. I though it stated that the $40 would not be charged until I was satisfied,well I'm not satisfied and the $40 is already pending. Sending attached photo hoping your answer will show a little more detail or research.
I don't think I can assist you here.............so I will opt out of this question and let another tech make some recommendations if they can.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So should expect to hear from another tech?
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is***** looks like you almost have the panel out, everything needs to be stripped so the panel can pass through all the cutouts, I would pull every screw you see, the sprayer should also unscrew, they might have silicone or butyl tape under the panel as well and normally you have to get something in back if the panel to cut it free. So if all the screws are out the panel should feel loose. I might also pop off the struts, remove the rubber seal and then tape the door to the body of the RV so you have more access and to allow that panel to come all the way off. Sometimes you get all the screws out and the panel will not budge and it is because there is silicone or butyl tape behind that panel. To me from the picture it looks like the corners are part of the panel and not separate so the strut, bracket and seal would need to come off to allow that panel to slide out. Robert IF you want to work on it some then come back and respond that is fine...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At least you show a little more effort but not wanting to spent anymore money. So you're saying the inside panel comes out without removing the out side aluminum frame work
My goal is for you to be satisfied, I have never had to remove the aluminum frame to get that panel out, I think what you will see once you take the seal off is the silicone or butyl tape, that would all have to be cut out before the panel comes out. You should see the lip of the panel so it would clear the frame. They are still tricky to work on because the bay is so small. My goal is for you to be satisfied, I only get credit when you select a rating and you can follow up as much as needed, you only get charged the one time and have made a deposit to the company. I have 18 years experince and actually worked for Monaco around this time frame 98-02.... Robert
I would pop the struts off, remove the strut brackets, swing and tape the door all the way so it does not fall and then remove that rubber seal. you should see the lip for the panel, most likely a bunch of silicone behind it that would need to be cut out.... Robert
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic