RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Book says the switch to switch water heater from 115v to LP

Customer Question
should be in the bathroom...
Book says the switch to switch water heater from 115v to LP should be in the bathroom. I have the 115v switch in the control panel but no where to switch to LP and as of tonight I have no hot water. Good up until now but pretty sure it has been running on electric
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'd like to switch it to LP
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: No it has been fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/7/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
It can be several places. Depending on the make and model of your water heater it can be just a gas only switch with a red light next to it OR both gas and AC electric and those usually have a switch on either side of a red light and a flame emblem and a lightning bolt for emblems. The light shows it is in ignition phase and when it lights it will go off. If you open up the outside inspection panel on the water heater and look at the data tag it will give the make and model and once I have that I can furnish a manual on the operation. There is no extra charge for that. All follow ups are included in our fee. I will also make a phone chat offer for you in case you think that would be more helpful here. I am heading back to bed as I live in California and it is only 4:25 a.m. here.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me?
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification