RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

When the headlights are on my rt turn signal will not flas

Customer Question
h...
When the headlights are on my rt turn signal will not flas h
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 day by:
5/7/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question. This is a busy time and I was off most of yesterday myself. If you have a 12 VDC test light you can check to see if there is really a signal to the socket and use a test ground for that part. Also check to be sure that the signal is good at the turn signal assy as it may be in that unit where the problem is, unless you have a signal on the front right. Next question is will they work when the headlights are off? And is the coach running or not? Get back to me with this information and I will try to help you sort this out. All follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes when the headlights are out the turn signal works just like it should. Both with the coach running or off it works as long as the headlights are off.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The front turn signal will flash once they stay on steady when the lights are on. But when the lights are off the turn signal works like it should. The left signal works all the time with lights on or off.
Let me ask one of my other techs this morning about this. Pretty strange and I don't think I have seen it before and I have been at this here for almost 7 years and have a shop of my own. I will get back to you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
I am in California and will be at my shop in a few hours.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks
You are welcome..........
Had a good conversation with another tech about this and we are wondering if the turn signals and dimmer switch are on the same assembly? IF so, we think that the problem is in there. That may require replacement if it is taken off and not short is found. IF you don't have those on the same assembly let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok the turn signal and the dimmer switch are seperate.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also ran a seperate ground to the turn signal in the rear thinking maybe it was loosing it's ground but same result.
I will go ahead and opt out of this as I don't have another good suggestion. Maybe one of our other techs have something they know. Other than that you might give Monaco Customer Service a call and see if they have had this issue before.
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification