RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

New Palazzo....1st use 1st day. There is a clicking noise

Customer Question
New Palazzo....1st use 1st day...
New Palazzo....1st use 1st day. There is a clicking noise near the stove top. have not used it. Just bought it today.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/3/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
That sounds like a burner ignitor clicking...........check to see if they are all off and the oven as well. Get back to me if that isn't the case. All follow ups are included in our fee.
If you need to respond, please take a photo of that area so I can see what else is nearby. Especially anything electronic.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
have not used the stove. Just picked it up today at dealership and am staying in it tonight. Noise started spontaneously. How to make it stop?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I send a photo? it is actually my customer with the problem....he texted me a pic and a video with sound.
Attach it to your post using the paperclip icon or you can e-mail it to me at***@******.*** and I can take a look and listen.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
email sent.....thank you!
I will get back to you as soon as I can view that........
Nothing yet.......double check the addy you mailed it to.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried again
I watched a video from a dealer and it pretty much has to be an igniter for a stovetop burner. It probably got bumped.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So...what to do to make it stop? If they ignite the stove and then turn it off, should that do it?
Yes........or just check to see if the burner knob is on partially. Turn them all back off. They may not have the LP turned on and that is why it is clicking and not igniting.
Maybe not..........what is under the stove? In one of the service bays there?
Cooling fan on the fridge next to the stove?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure. Is it safe for them to try what we said previously? He said he could hear the noise when he went outside...at that area. Did you get the video with the sound?
Yes.........tell him to open up the bay there and see what is in there.
Unless that sound is distorted by the video, it isn't the stovetop. More probable the fridge next to the stove or something under that area in a bay.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think the fridge is on the other side.
It wasn't in the video I watched, but maybe this is a different floor plan. Perhaps the fan in the inverter?
Have him open the bay door and take a photo of what is in there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just sent you the floorplan by email.. Called the customer. He has tried lighting the stove and turning it off. No help. He is pretty sure the noise is in the stove. Outside...behind this...no bay...just exhaust for the stove.
Is the fresh water pump under the sink? What else is under there? It sounded like the sound was under the stovetop in the video. Is that a power fan vent?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure about the water pump or fan. he did say the noise was louder when he opened the drawer under the stove....he seems pretty convinced it is coming from the stove area
No idea then..........pretty strange! I did forward that to another tech here for his opinion.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, thank you. I was hoping to get this stopped somehow so these people could get some sleep tonight.
Please let me know what it turns out to be...........maybe someone left an adult toy in the drawer!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lol...had to be at the factory. This one is brand new.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they took possession at 6pm today....eastern time
Maybe a bored line worker..........I forwarded that to the other main tech here for an opinion. Thanks for giving us a shout here! Let me know what it turns out to be.........
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks for your help and persistence
You are welcome..........if my other tech comes up with a good idea I will let you know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, thanks
10-4.......get some sleep! Guessing you are on the East Coast.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes...NC
California up near Mt Shasta...........where the palm trees meet the pines and everyone dreams of apple pie and mother!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nice!
Looks a lot like your area I suspect. Except people here have no accent! LOL!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lol......I am in western NC....a few miles east of Asheville.. Beautiful here....and some good golf.
Was near there a few years ago..........in Tennessee near the border. Great area, but kind of humid. Stop by for coffee if you are ever out this way!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do! Good beer here....Asheville best craft beer city in America.
And we have a local brewpub that makes some mean beer! Etna Brewery.
The more I thought about this, I am wondering if that is a shortstop breaker clicking on a circuit behind the drawer. That would indicate a short someplace if this is true.
Our other tech on site was thinking it might be a converter fan if that is where they mounted it........behind that drawer or maybe under the sink.
So what did it turn out to be?
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification