RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind and we are having trouble…

We have a 2004 Fleetwood...
We have a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind and we are having trouble with our hydraulic jacks. We were having intermittent problems with the jacks going down smoothly. Since we started using the coach this spring we have not been able to lower the jacks at all. The lights on the control panel blink on and off. I suspect the fluid is low. We have had the motorhome for 5 years and I have never checked the hydraulic fluid level. I crawled under the chassis earlier today and I do not know how to check the level of the fluid or fill it if necessary. Please help.
4/30/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is***** they can stick that pump right in the front of the RV and you have to look straight down from the engine access and it is is visible, sometimes it is also in back of the step OR behind the drivers front tire mud flap. Try and follow the hydraulic lines from the jacks, they will go to the manifold where the pump is located and the tank. Also you always want to check the fluid level with the jacks stored, the fluid gets pushed back to the tank, it will take Dexron 3 fluid. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic