RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a model RM 1350 that is 5 deg. top 52 deg. bottom .

Customer Question
I have a model RM...
I have a model RM 1350 that is 5 deg. top 52 deg. bottom . Just started this problem. I cleaned out top. Switched from LP to electric after clean out though that might help. Everything runs good just dont get cold in bottom.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/29/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
HI my name is***** could be a number of items, that would be the thermistor, fans or cooling unit. To start if you have a volt meter you can ohm out the thermistor, you put the end inside the fridge in a cup of ice water, disconnect the thermistor connector from the P-2 connector on the circuit board, the circuit board is located under the outside access panel, with a meter set to ohms you should see 8K to 10K ohms. IF that is good then I would listen and see if the fans are coming on, if the fans are not coming on it would be an issue. Finally it is possible the cooling unit is blocked or has failed the way the absorption fridge is set up is the freezer section will always get cold long before the box will, make sure the fridge is level, if you see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, smell ammonia or hear a gurgle it would be a red flag, for a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but NO cooling on both AC and LP. Also make sure the door seals are good, get a dollar bill and shut it between the seals, the bill should not fall in any areas. I am going to give you a service manual to help you out, they do a pretty good job on explaining and testing of the components, click HERE for that. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic